[mythtv-users] Re: Torrentocracy Patch against Mythtv-cvs

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:39:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:32:07 -0600, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Simon Kenyon wrote:
>
> >we use freedb, imdb and amazon already - so the point is moot
> >all you would need is:
> >

> None of those are hosted, operated, or under the control of anyone
> related to MythTV which was the point being made.
>
> Kevin

This might be a pie in the sky idea, but since we are talking about
commercials and information about them being stored centrally and/or
distributed, I thought I might throw out this wish-list item.

I've had my MythTV box up for a little over a week now, and one thing
that really kills me is when I see a commercial (watching live TV of
course) for a program that is of interest. What do I do? Stop watching
and go schedule it? Write it down on a list I keep on the coffee
table? It would be great if I could just hit a button and have the
program touted in the commercial scheduled.

Naturally, this might require information about the program to be
stored in the stream, which probably does not exist. That's why this
is a true wish-list item and not a feature request/idea.

Perhaps the TWish beta that's being talked about will help with this
issue, but wow, wouldn't that just be the nutz?!?!

Garry