[mythtv-users] Database connection errors

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:26:20 UTC 2005

Now I'm having a
hard time getting to the database. my frontend/backend is the same
machine, but it seems like it's not making good connections to the
database. When I run mythfilldatabase I get this:

Length: unspecified [text/xml]

[ <=>
] 3,664 3.02K/s

00:26:00 (3.02 KB/s) - `-' saved [3664]

Your subscription expires on 03/28/2005 12:01:02 PM
Grab complete. Actual data from Wed Mar 16 06:00:00 2005 to Wed Mar
16 23:59:59 2005 (UTC)
Clearing data for source...
Clearing from Wed Mar 16 00:00:00 2005 to Wed Mar 16 17:59:59 2005 (localtime)
Data for source cleared...
Main temp tables populated. Updating myth channels...
Updating icons for sourceid: 1
Channels updated.. Updating programs...
Adjusting program database end times...
0 replacements made.
Marking repeats...found 2343
Unmarking repeats from grabber that fall within our new episode
window...found 19
2005-03-03 00:26:02.447 Connecting to backend server:
192.168.1.200:6543 (try 1 of 5)
Connection timed out.
You probably should modify the Master Server settings
in the setup program and set the proper IP address.
error resceduling id -1 in ScheduledRecording::signalChange

I've verified that the server backend IP is correct. Any clue how to
troubleshoot this? It appears to me that it's getting info from the
database. I changed the backend setup the 127.0.0.1 IPs to the actual
IP address.  When I launched the front end configuration I had to
enter backend data including hostname and IP.  It seems like the
frontend is working alright, but why do I get those errors about using
the proper IP?  What's going on?

Thanks!
Matt