[mythtv-users] PVR350 frame buffer blanking before calling mplayer

Mark Matula mmatula at ratula.net
Thu Mar 3 20:03:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, jgmtfia Mr wrote:

> I am looking for a way to blank the frame buffer before mplayer is
> called to view video files.  mplayer sometimes in unable to black out
> the areas that lie outside of its chosen playback area even though I
> have selected that option on the mplayer command line.

I believe this should blank your framebuffer:

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -noglobalalpha -localalpha

Note the 'fb1' part might need adjusting on your box.  Also, I don't know if
it will preclude mplayer from outputting, nor if the frontend will display
properly once mplayer exits.  I'm not near my box to test that part out.

--
Mark Matula
Mikey, you will be missed: