[mythtv-users] MythTV Presentation - Requesting Comments/Opinions

Matt Mencel mr-mencel at wiu.edu
Thu Mar 3 20:17:50 UTC 2005

Hi all...kind of a strange request but...

I've been running MythTV for a few months now thanks to everyone on the
MythTV/IVTV lists and Jared's setup guide.  It's working great, and even my
wife(who hates it when I work on some new project and "change" things on
her) has had nothing but great things to say about the new 'super sleek'
black box that sits next to the TV.

Anyway, I'm putting together a MythTV presentation/demo for a big Technology
Fest here at the University I work at, and I'm looking for comments and
opinions.  I know all the nice things I'm going to say about it, but would
also like to include some from other MythTV users or even from some of the
developers.

Some of the comments I'm going to make:
- Commercial Skipping (more time for other things...watching more shows
usually...heh)
- Program Scheduling (The TV no longer controls what we watch...we rarely
watch liveTV anymore)
- LiveTV Control (when we DO watch, it's nice to pause,FF,RW...if we miss
some dialog we can go back...or we can pause for grabbing snacks/potty
breaks/etc...)

I'm sure others use it differently than me, I've not even touched any of the
DVD/video/music/picture features yet, and I'd like to get some different
"soundbites" from the MythTV community.  If you're willing to share a
sentence or two feel free to send me an email or post it back to the list.
If you want to be attributed let me know, otherwise I'll just attribute your
comments to "Happy MythTV User" or something like that.

Also, if anyone else is interested in reading them, after I compile any
comments I get I can post them back to the list for everyone to read.

Thanks everyone...
Matt M.