[mythtv-users] "configuring kernel parameters" [ was: DirecTV issue]

Sarah Roberts sarah.roberts at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:36:14 UTC 2005

Well, with my newfound revelation that I needed to do special things
to get my Myth box working with DirecTV, I came home and plugged
everything into the satellite receivier and myth box as I think it
should be last night and got ready to rock.

Unfortunately, my box is hanging early on in the boot process at
"configuring kernel parameters," and none of the solutions I've seen
on the web are helping (e.g. nVidia driver problems; delete "rghb"
from the boot process in GRUB, etc.).  I am running on FC 3.

Can anyone out there possibly help me troubleshoot this issue?  Have
you perhaps seen it before?

Please feel free to email me off-list; maybe we can connect via IM or something.

Thanks,
Sarah