[mythtv-users] Upgrade disaster. Thread 1: mythconverg

Martin Brown Martin.Brown at macquarie.com
Thu Mar 3 22:42:31 UTC 2005

I decided to upgrade my OS from 2.4 to 2.6 and MythTV from 0.16 to 0.17. I'm
hoping my system will one day work as well as it did back in the Good Ol Days...

Problem 1: 0.17 mythconverg "recorded" table has some new columns.

I want to save my previous recorded shows so had to manually add some data to
each row of "recorded" so that I could reload the data. No doco on what to put
in the new rows but they don't allow NULLs so I just stuck in 0's.

Surely standard procedure for a database schema change is to either document how
to migrate the data or provide a simple utility to do this?

Martin Brown