[mythtv-users] Broadcast Flag Article mentions MythTV and quotesIssac

Johnson, Thor tjohnson at prenova.com
Fri Mar 4 00:37:37 UTC 2005

>> Given one of the posters thoughts, which I think are really good, how
>> about something like:
>>
>> "The Big Media Companies are about to buy you.  The Government is
>> about to sell you.  Do you want to be a digital slave?"
>>
>> or
>>
>> "Imagine a world with no fast forward buttons"
>>
>> I dunno, I'm grasping here...
>
>And not badly, either.
>Gimme the weekend; lemme see what I can do with those.
>
>Cheers,
>-- jra
>--
>Jay R. Ashworth

Imagine not being able to record this NASCAR program.
Or the Olympics (which fall on odd schedules).
Or College Football (with 4+ games at the same time).
Or the SuperBowl...

Imagine all the things the network doesn't want you to remember...
Imagine how easy it will be to change the past if nobody has it
recorded...

"No.  There was no 'Chewbacca Defense'.  It was clearly reasoned out."
"Somebody put a different picture on the Jumbotron in Times Square
during Y2K new Years?!  Unbelievable!"

"We got him.  The terrorist.  Osama bin-who?  Nah, we were never
interested in him."
"What do you mean 'Weapons of Mass Destruction'?  We were always
fighting for Iraqi Freedom!"

It's more than just entertainment.  It's history.

-Thor Johnson