[mythtv-users] Re: the ultimate setup

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 04:10:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:04:10 -0700, Justin Gombos <mindfuq at fairfieldi.com> wrote:
> * Sarah Roberts <sarah.roberts at gmail.com> [2005-03-03 22:32]:
> >
> > I was wondering what kind of recommendations folks had for nice
> > looking a/v style cases, preferably with quiet power supplies and
> > adequate PCI slots.
>
> I guess I'm curious why you would build the back-end and front-end in
> the same case?  If you want a quiet and cosmetically pleasing client,
> why not use a MediaMVP, and stick the big, loud, ugly server box in
> the garage / basement / attic?

Some folks might not have a basement. Ever live in an apartment?
Others might have a basement, but no cable there, and no desire to run
cable or pay someone else to do it.
I built my BE/FE in the same box, and it's very quiet. I had planned
to move it somewhere later, but now I think I'll keep it the way it
is. That's one more front-end that I wont have to buy.

Garry