[mythtv-users] reiserfs + 2.6 kernel + mythbackend = slow ?

Adam Egger adam.egger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 10:03:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:59:43 -0800, ben levitt <benjie at gmail.com> wrote:

> These seemed disk related, so I researched a little and found that the
> 2.6 kernel's implementation of reiserfs clashes with some
> applicatoins.  But fortunately the workaround is easy.
>
> add nolargeio=1 into the options field for each reiserfs entry in your
> /etc/fstab file.

Great! Thanks, have to give it a try later today. My mythtv takes
20sec to start on my reiser3.6 system. I was googling a little to find
out what nolargeio means. It puts the default I/O request size from
the more efficient 128k back to the old default value 4k. And some
applications get confused when they're at once able to put 128k of
data to the disc.
Does it mean that Myth is one of those applications?