[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: MythTV as Senior Project?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 15:39:09 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 0:11, Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:31:33PM -0700, Garry Cook wrote:
> > responded and mentioned this Tivo feature, which I did not know
> > existed. It would be really cool IMHO, as I still do watch some live
> > TV.
>
> Right, but how hard is it to do alt-tab to get to your web browser,
> call up mythweb from your bookmarks and type in the name of the show?
>
> If you don't already, get one of the super cheap lite-on or acer
> IR keyboards.  Under 30 bucks and work great, I am typing on one
> at my tv set right now.

(a) All of Myth core feature should be easy to operate with only a
remote.  It's kind of a design principle.

(b) having to whip out a keyboard/mouse has a really low WAF

(c) alt-tabbing to a browser window would obscure the playing video

(d) ever try to do *anything* in a browser with sub-par TV-out?  It'll
make you go blind faster than... well, you get the idea.

-JAC