[mythtv-users] HDTV tvout

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Mar 4 20:11:34 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 12:00, Erick Stubbs wrote:
> If my HDTV doesnt have a DVI or vga connector,
> and it only has component inputs and svideo, is there anyway to use a
> mythtv box to output a High Definition signal to my Televsion?

That one has definitely been covered numerous times. In the future, please
search the mailing list archive (see link in my sig), but I'll answer anywho
-- its Friday and I'm in a good mood. :-)

There are currently two routes to go if you have no DVI or VGA on your HDTV
(which is the case with my own HDTV). The first, tried and true, is a VGA to
component video transcoder. This is what I currently use -- there are a few
different brands, I have an Audio Authority 9A60. The second is a video card
that has a component output adapter and works under Linux, like some of the
nVidia 6x00 series cards. I just purchased a 6200 with a component video
output dongle myself, which I plan to set up this weekend, after which I'll
know which route I like better...

Also, I wrote some stuff on the subject a while back, probably will be of use
to you:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/mythhd.php

--
Jarod Wilson