[mythtv-users] DirectTV and Changing Channels on the Front End.

hondaman hondaman at hardcs.com
Sat Mar 5 09:18:56 UTC 2005

Just a follow up.  I plugged in the DTV reciever into my front end via
the low speed port.  I can change the channel at the command line
running the perl script from this site:
http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/index.php?page=DirecTVSetUP then I
headed over to http://www.lircsetup.com/lirc/blaster/index.php which
said that myth automajically will change the channel if it knows what
script to run.  Now that I have the script to change the channel on the
frontend, I did as I was told on those directions, going to "Input
Connections" to make the changes.  However, when I go there, myth
frontend segfaults.  Anyone have any input on what I should do?

My setup:

Backend with pvr-250 on fc3
Frontend with irman, using the pvr remote, and the DTV box connected via
serial port on fc3