[mythtv-users] I think mythweb 0.17 is killing mythbackend

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Sat Mar 5 21:47:42 UTC 2005

Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:33:44PM -0700, Shawn Asmussen wrote:
>

>>Since we were on the subject, I decided to give mythweb another shot
>>tonight. My mythbackend had been running for 11 days, without any
>>troubles. I went into mythweb, and deleted 1 show, and my mythbackend
>>process immediately died. There wasn't anything in the log to indicate
>>any problems. After I started mythbackend back up, I tried deleting a
>>few more shows, but I couldn't get it to die again. Maybe whatever the
>>problem is, it's not likely to occur until after mythbackend has been
>>running for a while. Or maybe it was just random chance. I don't
>>really know. But, since I do seem to be able to produce the problem on
>>purpose at least occasionally, maybe I'll recompile with the debug
>>options on and try to get some gdb debug info to submit. It'll have to
>>wait until at least next week though, since I'm moving this weekend,
>>and won't have much free time until after that's done.
>>

>I've had similar problems with the backend crashing all the time, and it
>all seems to be centered around the recorded_programs.php script.
>
>I have since renamed it and have NOT used it and the backend has been
>working flawlessly for over a week. I just haven't had the time to
>find out exactly what it is that is making it crash.
>
>I believe there were a few threads that pointed to it being whatever
>section talks to the backend and creates the snapshot images of a
>recording.
>
>At any rate, NOT using that script seems to have solved my issues for
>now.

I think that might be the problem I am seeing.  I have submitted BT. for
the crashes but it apear to happen after a video is finished but before
comerical detection kicks in.  I might be something with the creation of
those images as some on my shows don't have .png files associated with
the show but I have the system setup to generate those for each so as I
just have the front end display them instead of the mini video.

Robert