[mythtv-users] DV Recording via IEEE-1394 Firewire with MythTV

Rich Shumaker MythTV at RichShumaker.com
Sun Mar 6 01:04:23 UTC 2005

Thanks for the link to the searchable db for the list.
I went back thru 2 months via text on the user side to see anything on
IEEE-1394 and did not find what I was looking for.

I did not check the DV streams threads.

So MythTV IEEE-1394(firewire) uses Mpeg-2 TS streams using HD protocols
for recording and playback.
So the rawDV(or variants) file from a camcorder can not be seen by the
recorder or by the player.

Thanks Tom for the thread and the link.
I will search it some more for IEEE-1394(firewire) stuff

Rich Shumaker