[mythtv-users] iPaq NetRemote???

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 02:54:38 UTC 2005

Chris Birkinshaw wrote:

>There is an app called NetRemote for windows which allows you to use a PDA with
>WLAN (or a tablet PC, desktop with touchscreen/mouse, etc on the LAN) to
>control multimedia apps on yoru HTPC. Is there any project for linux which
>replicates this?

I've looked into it.  The first half, control, should be fairly simple.
Lirc is set up in such a way to allow network access, so that you can
send remote control codes via the iPaq (or in my case, an old BE-200).
Getting the info from the frontend back to the CE device, though, might
be more difficult.  Perhaps hooks into the same place that LCDProc sends
info to an LCD could be used to send the same info to a PDA, although
that's not likely to be quite enough.

Jeff.