[mythtv-users] Conflict resolution between HD3000's NTSC and ATSC tuners?

wheaty wheaty at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 03:27:22 UTC 2005

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here goes.

I was reading through the <a
href="http://www.eff.org/broadcastflag/cookbook/guide.php">EEF HTPC
Guide</a> earlier today, and it contained this bit of info (read
Section 6):

<i>"You'll want to configure a lineup with only digital channels for
the pcHDTV card. (If you have a second tuner card that receives NTSC
channels, you can create a lineup for it in a neighboring ZIP code;
currently it is difficult to use a lineup that mixes ATSC and NTSC
channels. Therefore, you should unselect all channels before beginning
to create your lineup.)"</i>

Indeed, while having a "merged" ATSC + NTSC lineup messes things up in
MythTV, you could create an all-digital listing for your ATSC-mapped
device and put all the regular broadcast channels on your NTSC-mapped
device.

If it works, lemmie know =)