[mythtv-users] What the hizzell is up with my audio?

Caleb cdhanger at att.net
Sun Mar 6 05:29:10 UTC 2005

Okay, I've bought an ATI TV Wonder VE.  Love it.  Having serious audio
troubles in Linux though.  I've tested the card with tvtime, xawtv,
kdetv, and MythTV.  Video is great.  Audio...well here's a table showing
my results  (I know I shouldn't hook it into "mic in" but it's the only
way I've gotten it to work thus far):

Audio cable is hooked
into "mic in"
Audio cable is hooked
into "line in"
MythTV
If, in my mixer, I have
"capture input" and "mic
input" both enabled, it
captures only a second
or two of audio, and
then repeatedly plays
this segment louder and
louder, accompanied by
hissing and whining,
until it gets really
obnoxious and I have to
kill the program by
mashing ESCape.  If, in
my mixer, I have "mic
input" enabled but
"capture input" muted,
the audio is fine but is
about two seconds ahead
of the video.
No audio at all
Other programs like
xawtv, tvtime, and kdetv
Perfect, but for some
reason sound continues
after I end the program.
No audio at all

Can anybody tell me why I don't get audio by plugging the cable into
"line in" and why all of the symptoms under "mic in" occur?  Thanks in
advance for any help.  I'm really starting to get frustrated with this.

-Caleb