[mythtv-users] Thinking of Switching from Cable to DirectTv

Dave Packham Dave.Packham at utah.edu
Sun Mar 6 17:42:41 UTC 2005

I have analog cable now and I'd like to switch to DirecTV sat.   I have
2 pvr250 that are split on the cable.  How hard/possible is it to
control those boxes with serial ports, guessing 2 ports, one for each
external receiver.  Do people do this?  I don't really want to use a
IRblaster.  Does the Sat onscreen menus come up when myth changes the
channels?  Is it transparent (analog cable like) after you got the
serial ports working?   What model DirecTV tuners work the best here

Thanks All

Dave Packham