[mythtv-users] ff/rew not working

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 23:54:05 UTC 2005

I have seen this too.  I upgraded a couple of nights ago and have had
intermittend ff/rw issues since.  Sometimes it works fine, others, it
doesn't rw/ff past a certain point.

I find if I esc and then restart recording, it works fine....for a
while at least!

Bit of a bummer, I don't like the idea of doing another upgrade as I
have found the new DVB scanner *painful*!

Dave

On Sat,  5 Mar 2005 18:15:52 +0000, Chris Birkinshaw
<chris at postbox.org.uk> wrote:
> Quoting Byron Miller <byronm at gmail.com>:
>
> > Exact same problem here.. it goes NUTS when i use any of the video
> > playback functions - keyboard or remote.
> >
> > I'm using a geforce mx 4000 (440) with XvMC enabled  because i'm on a
> > lowly celeron 733 and i'm not sure if its XvMC or backend related..
> >
> > I'm going to be rebuilding my backend using knoppmyth to see if that
> > helps... (front end runs knoppmyth).
> >
> > I'm using firewire as my input, how about you?
> >

> I am using DVB in 0.17 and am having problems with both my 0.17 linux frontend
> and my Dec 2004 CVS Mac OS X frontend. They both fast forward a certain
> distance then return to the beginning of the show. If I keep holding ff then
> every time it gets a bit further before returning to the beginning!
>
> The increase playback speed works fine however.... (I am using this to replace
> ff/rw now)
>
> Is this what you are seeing?
>
> Chris

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.