[mythtv-users] Database connection errors

Justin Gombos mindfuq at fairfieldi.com
Mon Mar 7 03:08:21 UTC 2005

* Greg <greg.d at cwgsy.net> [2005-03-06 21:38]:

> Shouldn't have trouble from the local machine. The bit after the @
> is the hostname/ip of the machine that your trying to connect from
> eg localhost.

I think that's what's screwing it up.  I can run mysql and access the
database directly as the user 'mythtv', but the mythtv app cannot
access the database, and it's trying to use 'mythtv at mydomain.org' as a
user.

> Have you followed the steps at the bottom of:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html

I have not.  I'm not sure why I would since the machine running mythtv
is also hosting the database.

> Hmmm...cant remember whether I ever logged in as root when I had
> 9.1, definitely havent with 9.2 so not sure about this one. Anyway
> there's no need to log in as root just to run mythtv, it shouldn't
> matter who created the db as long as mythtv user has access to it.

It's not clear to me why it's not working.. but I'm going to throw in
the towel and switch to KnoppMyth.