[mythtv-users] Looking for Ultimate Frontend-only...

Nicholas McCoy mccoyn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:57:16 UTC 2005

I'm looking for about the same thing.  Heres the crazy scheme I've got
in my head somewhere.

I like the Epia boards, they are really flexible.  I'm planning a
network boot system so I don't need any drives.  The price isn't too
bad without the case.  So I thought I'd build my own.  Someone else
has done a nice job of it.
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/theclock/

Then I had the crazy idea.  Why not mount the board inside the TV.
I've opened it up before to fix a loose connection and there is room
in there for it.  I still have to build a case for it to try to block
out those magnets, but it can be a crude thing I'll never see.  (If
you do this, you should know that there are some dangerous capacitors
and the TV should be left off, unplugged for 24 hours before you work
on it.)

This has only been an idea so far.  I'm waiting for some money to buy the parts.