[mythtv-users] Re: very serious A/V sync issues

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:01:09 UTC 2005

I'm having a similar issue.  What happens is that I'll make a cutlist
based on the commercial detection.  Then, I'll transcode (although I'm
not sure it would matter if I didn't).  When I play the recording,
everything is great until I hit the cutlist.  The video directly after
the cut plays slow for about 2-3 seconds yet the audio doesn't.  Then
for 5-10 mins, the audio is about .5 to 1.5 seconds ahead of the
video, but somehow the video catches up.   This can be annoying to say
the least... could be related, I'm not sure.

Matt