[mythtv-users] Re: very serious A/V sync issues

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Mar 7 19:48:23 UTC 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 09:30, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > Sounds to me like the opengl_vsync issue.  You need to recompile Myth
> > without opengl_vsync set.
>
> Since Marcel is using ATrpms' build, he shouldn't have opengl_vsync
> built in.

You sure about that, Axel? From the spec file:

%if %{!?_without_opengl_vsync:1}%{?_without_opengl_vsync:0}
cat >> settings.pro << EOF
DEFINES += USING_OPENGL_VSYNC
EXTRA_LIBS += -lGL -lGLU
CONFIG += using_opengl
EOF
%endif

Unless you're building with a flag to rpmbuild to disable OpenGL vsync, it
looks like its enabled in the ATrpms packages.

> Unless someone borked the packages at ATrpms, but then more
> users would have issues.

I'm also fairly certain OpenGL vsync is enabled (if you're not using a build
flag), since I didn't do anything special on my own rebuild, and the console
spits out messages about using OpenGL for the vsync method. :-)

Note that I don't have any A/V sync issues though.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...