[mythtv-users] Re: Hauppauge grey remote without a PVR250.

Andy Long andymyth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:55:07 UTC 2005

I used these two sites when I built my serial IR Receiver.  I have
zero experience reading electrical schematics and almost none
soldering, but I was still able to get it working easily.  That should
give you some base as to how difficult these sites are to use.

http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc/

http://www.modasylum.com/guides.php?guide=16&page=2

And, a GREAT parts list if you want to use Radio Shack parts (i
haven't had interference problems with my IR Receiver from there).

http://www.casemodgod.com/htpc_ir_receiver1.htm

The only thing not listed there is the voltage regulator.  I got the
5V, 1000mA one.  Though the sites use the 78L05, 7805 will work fine
too.