[mythtv-users] Gentoo, PVR350, ivtv and Xorg 6.8.0 NO ivtvdev

Greg Miller gregs_lists at millernet.ca
Mon Mar 7 20:20:17 UTC 2005

Thanks to every one that offered sugestions.

I tried to do some tests with the frame buffer by itself and it was
unresponsive.

As it turns out I had this in my /etc/modules.d/ivtv to clean the random
junk off the screen.

post-install ivtv-fb /usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -alpha 0

And that was the problem. I commented it out, rebooted, and X is working.

Greg.