[mythtv-users] Xine killing Myth TV watching

Karm may karmmyth at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 03:32:12 UTC 2005

Steve,
Did you ever determine why this is happening?  I am
see in the same issue in 0.17.

From: steve.frank at bevcore

 Hi gang, I've been messing around with using Xine for
DVD playback from
within and outside of Myth, and I've noticed something
odd on my
production box. I'm using FC1, ivtv 0.19--the latest
stable build from
ATRPMS.

Whenever I run Xine, it works fine, but once I go back
and try to watch
live TV, I get a blank black screen. Audio is playing
fine, but I cannot
bring anything up for video. I have to cold boot the
system to get Myth
back. A simple reboot doesn't do it.

I'm taking a wild guess that this has something to do
with the Xv output
of the two apps using the display? Dunno.

Output is via an FX5200 card via DVI, but I had this
on Svideo out as
well before I switched to DVI. It's a little odd, and
I'm just wondering
if someone has seen this before.

Steve