[mythtv-users] Exporting/Archiving MythTV recordings for use w/standalone mpeg4 player

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 04:13:39 UTC 2005

--- David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this one of those tasks that can be added to the
> JobQueue?  I would
> like to have an DivX version of every recording I
> make so I can watch
> it on my PDA on the train.  I don't want to blow
> away the original
> recording incase I choose to watch it at home
> instead.  It must also
> be proper DivX/XviD so I can watch it using
> BetaPlayer on the
> PocketPC.

You got me. I wondered the same thing though.

Really, I thought the way to go was to modify the
mythpretty script so that when it created the people
friendly symlink to the nuv file just use that
information to create a xvid version as well.  Of
course, that doubles your storage requirements.

Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

[snip]