[mythtv-users] Are there advantages to using a Hauppauge 350 for MPG-2 display on a monitor?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 05:21:22 UTC 2005

No TV out on the PVR-250 - it's TV in.  Only the
PVR-350 has TV-out (as far as I know, the PVR-150 and
the PVR-500 also do not have TV-out, but I have not
used either of them, so I can't be 100% certain).

The PVR-350 cannot connect to a VGA monitor (if that
is what you are referring to), it can only do S-Video
or composite out.  The picture on a PVR-350 is pretty
much perfect when watching MPEG-2 streams, but
anything else has to go through a framebuffer, which
will really tax your CPU (it is software decoding at
that point).  Also, the PVR-350 does have some issues
with the framebuffer, sometimes the screen will just
blank (or, at least it did last time I used it).

-- Joe