[mythtv-users] changing buffer size for livetv

James Emmrich jemmrich at lwp.ca
Tue Mar 8 08:14:01 UTC 2005

Hi there, i did a search through the archives and never found anything
that would describe how to change the buffer size for watching livetv.

I have a wifi system setup using the b protocal but the playback is
chopy atleast every second which is understandable, but should be able
to handle it if there is a proper size streaming buffer.

If i run from the command line the following though, playback is perfect
(thru the network on wireless b cards):

mplayer my_networked_movie.nuv -cache 8192

Is there a way to do this so that mythfrontend on my laptop can get the
proper size of buffer to make my wifi happy? All i need is that added
lil -cache bit to get me going for real!

Thanks loads,
James