[mythtv-users] Anyone else having problems ripping new movies?

Peter Valdemar Morch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:38:50 UTC 2005

Andrew Gallatin gallatin-at-cs.duke.edu |Lists| wrote:
> I just tried to dd the raw device, and that seemed to wedge the box
> solid.

Ok, if dd won't do it, then I don't think you'll have a chance in hell
to get xine or mplayer to work - they can't read the disk! (The
exception being the DVD disks in this thread containing rip/copy
protection...)

Personally - I'd purchase a $20 no-name DVD read-only drive from my
local shop and try that... For me such a DVD drive just *worked*...

Peter