[mythtv-users] hard locks with PVR350

jerome lacoste jerome.lacoste at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:26:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 09:22:36 -0500, John Kuhn <kuhn at razorsys.com> wrote:
> just as a note.. i could never get my 350 to work stable on a via
> chipset.. i dont know if that's your problem but it did similar things to me
>
> --John

OK third hang today. This time I was looking at MythTV program schedules.

The box froze. Had to pulled power again. Hangs like that completely
kills the machine. It's not good for the longevity of the box...

I don't expect anything particular in the log (haven't restarted the
machine yet).

I am willing to investigate the issue. I just need to have an idea on
where to look.

Could it happen because of a software bug, or it it more likely to be
due to a hardware?

Here are some of the things I will do:
- change the PVR350 firmware to the recommended one
- run the mythtv frontend without the setuid bit set
- enable some debugging (but where?)

Feel free to give me ideas on how to proceed.

Cheers,

Jerome

Machine Config didn't change:
- epia / PVR350