[mythtv-users] Lirc with 0.17, Gentoo, pvr350 & Nexus-S

Greg Miller gregs_lists at millernet.ca
Tue Mar 8 20:06:25 UTC 2005

Hi I am trying to get Lirc up and running on my system. I'm running Gentoo,
Mythtv 0.17, PVR350, Nexus-S DVB. They system works reasonably well (afew
DVB issues but it's new code.. )

I followed the instructions as close as I could, because I have sort of a
combo system with DVB and the pvr350. When I try to test lirc with irw, I
just end up back at the command prompt. If I try it again I get a "connect:
Connection refused" error.

If some one could recommend some steps to test the various components that
are required to make lirc run, I would really appreciate it.

Greg

Additional info:

I installed Lirc with the gentoo ebuild. Lircd is running and I have the
lircd.conf for the newer remote in /etc with the following permissions:
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  3084 Mar  7 14:45 lircd.conf
I also have LIRC_OPTS="--with-driver=hauppauge" in as the last line in my
make.conf. Would I be better of with the source?

lsmod shows:
Module                  Size  Used by
sg                     28800  0
ivtv_fb                29352  0
msp3400                26596  0
saa7127                12456  0
saa7115                12260  0
tveeprom               11648  0
ivtv                  807428  2 ivtv_fb
lirc_i2c                8036  0
lirc_dev               13708  1 lirc_i2c
st                     34364  0
dm_mod                 49052  0
sbp2                   20552  0
ohci1394               29828  0
ieee1394               89172  2 sbp2,ohci1394
ohci_hcd               18116  0
uhci_hcd               27824  0
usb_storage            26176  0
scsi_mod               65408  4 sg,st,sbp2,usb_storage
usbhid                 28416  0
ehci_hcd               25060  0
usbcore                96420  7
ohci_hcd,uhci_hcd,usb_storage,usbhid,ehci_hcd