[mythtv-users] Howto avoid mouse movements restoring X from screensaver?

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:27:42 UTC 2005

Hi there,

My mouse is lying so that walking across the floor will generate tiny
movements that cancel the screensaver, and so I'd like the "screensaver"
to only wakeup by hitting the OFF button on the remote or possibly
hitting a keyboard key - but not mouse movement.

I have the OFF button on my Hauppauge grey set to:
begin
         prog = irexec
         button = OFF
         config = xset -display :0 dpms force standby
         config = xset -display :0 dpms force on; xset -display :0 -dpms
s off
end

So that when I hit the OFF button, I alternately turn the monitor on and
off.

I've looked at `man xset` but that didn't give me any clues on how to
make dpms disregard the mouse...

Any pointers, anybody?

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch