[mythtv-users] Re: error compiling 0.17 - FC3

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Mar 9 04:31:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 15:31 -0500, Colin Smillie wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:24:31 +0100, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> > > I'm ran into this also, the the instructions to upgrade from ATRPMs to
> > > CVS suggest building as non-root.  My experience on FC3 has been that
> > > the qt dev paths are not setup properly on non-root accounts.
> >
> > Packages at ATrpms are all built as non-root.
> >
> > Perhaps more a /usr/local -> /usr issue?
> >

> Strange, I'm using "qmake prefix=/usr mythtv.pro" with both root and
> non-root, only the root account builds successfully though.  I'm
> assuming is a qt-dev path path or priviledge problem somewhere since
> it errors finding qt-mt.

Actually, when you install the qt-devel package on FC3, you
get /etc/profile.d/qt.sh

This file sets the QTDIR environment variable.  After installing qt-
devel, logout and log back in.  Do a 'env | grep -i qt' and you should
see the variable set.  That'll make it work.  So no, you're not missing
qt-mt.  Your current environment just doesn't know where to find it.

	-Ian