[mythtv-users] Plextor PX-TV402U-NA

jerome lacoste jerome.lacoste at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:09:36 UTC 2005

> >I'll sign up. I'm sure I'm not the only one with these questions...
> >
> >Tim
> >

> Nathan, Tim
> I suspect there's going to be a growing amount of interest in this bit
> of hardware.
> (I'm thinking about replacing my slightly crash prone PVR350.)
> One key question - is the device's low-level hardware specification
> (needed for writing the driver) available to others who might want to
> take up the reigns should you, Nathan, move on. I assume so as a driver
> is often an expression of the hardware spec in code and since this is a
> GPL driver...

You raise an very valid point. Where I live the  new PX-TV402U/T3
costs the same as the PVR350.

My new PVR350 makes my box really unstable (6 locks in a day) and its
going to kill my harddrive if it goes on like that. I haven't had any
idea as to why it is that bad, am waiting for some help to diagnose
the problem. I will probably start a new thread on the various places
to ask if many people have a stabiltity issue with that box. I hope it
is from the PVR card not from the EPIA card, otherwise I am stuck...

If I don't get that solved within a week, I will give it back to the
shop and wait for the Plextor thing to come out. If they have GPL
drivers I expect (hope for?) the item to become stable quickly. Being
USB it shouldn't take down my system. My only fear is that my hardware
(EPIA Nehemiah) couldn't cope with it in terms of performance. But who
knows?

Cheers,

Jerome