[mythtv-users] Success with Air2PCI and pvr-500 on same box

Jean Connelly unksme at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:50:23 UTC 2005

Regarding

> Yes, that's right. You can just read data from the dvr0 device.
> You must always specify -r to azap else the dvr0 device is not enabled.
>
> If you get nothing, check that the PIDs are correct in your
> .azap/channels.conf.
>
> While azap is running, can you 'dvbscan -c' to get channel information?

I've given up until the thaw (so I can work on the roof antenna).

With azap -r on the strongest station, I was able to dvbscan and that
spat out PIDs.

I then checked those PIDs using dvbstream in PS mode and got a
playable stream.  That was enough for me to at least be satisfied that
I don't have a dud card.  I didn't mess around further with my
channels.conf because I figured that myth doesn't use it anyway.

Thanks again,
Jean