[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Mar 9 16:20:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 10:15 -0500, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>  	I've mentioned what I did in the past, starting with
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/45910#45910
> Basically built up the circuit in the AD724 datasheet.

Seems strange that there is no commercial "off the shelf" products doing
this.  Perhaps there is.  I will have to search this afternoon when I
get a minute.

> It's a
> surface-mount chip, and circuit layout is a little important (a few MHz
> bandwidth video signal), so I make a PCB.

Indeed, but this is beyond my abilities.  :-(

> I've thought of making a
> slightly nicer one (with VGA loop, though, etc).

What would the loop through provide?

> If there were enough
> interest I suppose I could finish it off and send off for a limited run of
> PCBs.

If you can do that you might want to think about filling a possible
market void.  Inventions are the way to get rich.  :-)

>  	Yeah, except that you get garbage until X comes up.  The VGA on
> bootup is basically 480p, which doesn't exactly work on S-vid.  Aside from
> that detail, it's great.

Small detail and to be expected.

b.