[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Mar 9 16:43:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 11:36 -0500, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>  	That's what I thought.  I'm happy with the results, but the
> annoyance of getting everything right is definately beyond the scope of
> what most people are willing to deal with.

Perhaps.  Certainly not for the "out of the box" crowd, but that's not
to say that somebody can't fill the gap between a pile of hardware and
an out of the box solution including the transcoder.  Certainly should
not allow for somebody to muck with modelines and such, but a product
could loom here.

> It was also pointed out to me
> a few months ago that my circuit wasn't completely accurate.  I use a
> 3.58Mhz crystal to generate the color subcarrier, but in reality it should
> be line-locked to the horizontal sweep frequency.

:-)  If you say so.

> That's one of the
> modifications I'd like to do (with all my free time... hahaha!)

Hear ya brother.

I meant to ask.  The picture looks properly overscanned?  i.e. you are
not seeing all 7??x48? (forget what res you said you have your modeline
at) pixels right?  Just the ones that would normally show up on a real
broadcast -- missing that certain percentage of those around the border.

b.