[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Mar 9 16:58:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 08:44 -0800, Joe Votour wrote:
> Have you given thought to the minimum order that you
> require for this, and the cost?  Depending on those
> numbers, I'll sign up for one, maybe two (to have one
> as a backup).

Oh, me three.  I would love nothing more than to be done with all of
this "choose the right video card for TV-Out magic" and be able to use
any old video card that has any number of other features I may want (in
reality any video card that can scale horizontally would suffice for
me).

There is this device
http://www.audioauthority.com/aacconsumers/9a60detc.html and it sounds
like the thing but they only specify HD resolutions such as 1080i and
480p and so on, but if it's just a VGA to Y, Pr, Pb transcoder I can't
see that it would be limited to HD resolutions and formats.

It is pricey though at U$129.

b.