[mythtv-users] Re: MythViewer 0.01 available

Andrew Bassett mythtv at bassettcorp.com
Wed Mar 9 19:24:53 UTC 2005

If you're trying to use this on Fedora Core, I found the wxPython rpm's
at this site:

http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/

I can confirm that the program does work.
It is a really good idea!

Steps I used to get it to work:

-Install wxPython packages (including -devel package)
-Download mv.py
-chmod +x mv.py
-python mv.py -b localhost -n /video/recordings

I tried this on the same machine as the backend. The above command will
vary depending on where your backend is.

read the website here for more info if you're not using a jarod wilson
install
http://www.visi.com/~grante/mythviewer/

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 12:42 -0600, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 12:30:19PM -0600, Greg Mitchell wrote:
> > > At a shell prompt, enter the command "python" to start the
> > > Python interpreter.  The ">>>" is the python prompt.  At that
> > > prompt, type the two following commands:
> >
> > That didn't work, which isn't a good sign.
>
> Ah. There was a big namespace reorg a while back.  Under 2.4 it
> may be something more like:
>
>     from wxPython import wx
>     print wx.__version__
>
> In any case, it's a moot point, since you already figured out
> you have 2.4.

Andrew Bassett
http://www.bassettcorp.com