[mythtv-users] Distro of choice?

Nick Rosier nick.rosier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:33:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:51:00 -0500, Craig Partin <cpartin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Gentoo is a great distro for myth.  The portage tree has
> everything you need, except maybe for the latest ivtv offerings.
> There are excellent how-to's available and the install docs and forums
> are full of top-notch help.  You do have to be patient while
> everything compiles, but it is well worth it.

Very happy Gentoo-user here as well. I've got both ebuilds for the
latest ivtv driver; working with 0.3.2g + patches now, switching to
0.3.2h probably this evening.
I also have ebuilds for MythTV-CVS so I can stay with the development
branch; whenever there are some updates I like, I rebuild MythTV. As
most developers are running MythTV on their own box, even CVS is
rather stable, i.e. I haven't run into any major problem with it yet.

N.