[mythtv-users] Jump to different menus with remote

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 10 08:05:41 UTC 2005

Please start a new thread by creating a new message, not by replying to one in
another thread and changing the subject. You muck up threaded mail clients
and the list archive.

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 23:44, Adam Prentice wrote:
> I was wondering if it's possible to program remote buttons to jump to
> specific mythtv menus?

Yes. They're called Jump Points in Myth terminology.

> For example I'd like to make the green button on a hauppauge remote go to
> Myth Weather, the Go button go to the Setup menu, the blue button go to the
> DVD menu, etc.
>
> I tried changing the lircrc file, but it doesn't seem to work.

Go into the key config section of MythWeb, that's the only way (short of
editing your db by hand) to set them up, as far as I know.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...