[mythtv-users] Cooling Hard Drives

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Mar 10 16:58:27 UTC 2005

Fa Yoeu wrote:

>I have 3 seagate barracuda HDs.  I am wondering what is the best way
>to quietly cool these down.  Right now I think they are running *very*
>hot.  The only fans in the mini atx tower are the power supply fan and
>the cpu fan.  Wondering what is the more effective and quiet way to
>cool down these HDs?  Thanks.

I have one of these in my system and it works great.  Puts 4 hardrives
into 3 5.25" bays in your case plus cooling.  I don't have a
coolermaster case but it fit well in mine.  I just had to bend a couple
metal fins inside my bays to get them out of the way since this takes up
3 full bays.

http://www.directron.com/stb3t4e1.html