[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:02:07 UTC 2005

> Someone else here wrote, that RGB is *too* sharp for MPEG2 video,
> meaning that you see the artifacts then.
>
> Thomas

I expect it depends on where you got the MPEG2 video from. Using a VGA
-> SCART converter in the UK with DVB-T I get an amazing image which
rarely has any visible artifacts. But then the DVB-T MPEG stream was
encoded with the intention of it being displayed on a TV with RGB
inputs, so that's hardly surprising.

If your MPEG stream is being encoded by a PVR-xxx card then it may
well be a completely different story, I doubt the quality of the
encoding is comparable.

Steve