[mythtv-users] Distro of choice?

Alex Cruz alex at wislug.net
Thu Mar 10 17:04:22 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 09:29 pm, Mathew Mrosko wrote:
> I run gentoo on my desktop and laptop, but for some reason I thought I'd
> try knoppmyth for my first experiment... that was a mistake... I can't get
> anything to work... will be gentoo VERY soon!  (The only thing is that
> compiling on a 500 MHz machine takes a while!)

 I did the same here and experianced just total weirdness with KnoppMyth.
Don't get me wrong, KnoppMyth is a great distro...if you have the right
hardware. Running Gentoo just offers you much more flexability in what you
can run. I'm in the process of compiling my Gentoo MythTV box even as I type.
Of course, having an Athlon XP 1800 helps it move a little faster :-)

-alex