[mythtv-users] SUSE 9.1 Professional X86_64 & MythTv?

Michael Morgan mythtv-users at michaelmorgan.name
Thu Mar 10 21:06:14 UTC 2005

Yes, I had MythTV 0.16 running on SUSE 9.1 for x86_64. I recently upgraded
to SUSE 9.2. I have not upgraded to 0.17, but I do not anticipate any big
problems when I do. I compiled MythTV from source. My MythTV box has an
Athlon64 with an nVidia FX 5200 based video card, a Hauppauge WinTV
PVR-350 and an old Hauppauge WinCast card. http://packman.links2linux.org/
has many of the necessary libraries for installing MythTV on SUSE. There
are some rpms for x86_64 9.1 and quite a few for x86_64 9.2. I encountered
hassles, and unfortunately, I did not document what I did as I went. I can
testify that it works nicely after initial trouble locating all the
prerequisite packages. Feel welcome to ask if you get stuck.

Michael