[mythtv-users] Understanding PVR 350 output options - Black Screen after closing EPG fix

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:25:31 UTC 2005

> As promised this is just a note to say that I posted a fix to the dev list
> for the issue of the black screen after closing the EPG.
> If anyone still has problems let me know.
>
> John

John,

  I just noticed another SetAlpha related issue. I'm not sure it's a
result of the new patch or not (I have not tested on unpatched 0.17),
but if you are watching TV, go into the guide, select a program to
record, ie, what you are watching, and it begins recording, the guide
exits, but the alpha never get's cleared, so the show you're now
watching+recording is dimmed, ALPHA_EMBEDDED still. I'm guessing it's
the alphaState check in ClearOSD that's keeping the alpha from getting
cleared:

        if (alphaState != ALPHA_EMBEDDED)
          SetAlpha(ALPHA_CLEAR);

I'm assuming that's there for some other condition where you don't
want ClearOSD to reset the alpha... but? Maybe ClearOSD isn't getting
called in the above scenario, not sure.

Sorry, this should be on the dev list, but I'm not subscribed to that...

-Kenneth