[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

cythraul cythrault at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 00:56:18 UTC 2005

I too have an AGP 440MX manufactured by XFX. Although the display is
quite as crisp as you can get on s-video, I see some kind of ghostly
diagonal bars scrolling.

I don't quite notice them most of the time but in the GUI it is
_quite_ noticeable… Enough for people, to whom I demonstrate my setup,
to make comments about.

My friend bought the PCI version of the 440MX from a manufacturer I
don't remember at the moment. The display is terribly clean. Even the
flicker we experience in most themes is hardly noticeable.

Of course the best way would be to get a TV with at least components
inputs. But for now s-video input is all I can afford.

So I was wondering if the manufacturer of the actual board might
affect results people are getting.

If so, I'd be happy to learn from people's recommendation.

Thanks,
cyth