[mythtv-users] Re: Can a master backend have no inputs?

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 04:08:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:38:51 -0600, Jesse Perkins
<jesse.perkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought the master backend needed at least one input, but the slaves
> did not require an input.
>
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:17:01 +0000, Stephen Boddy
> <stephen.boddy at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > Can a master backend have no capture cards or devices, and only have them in
> >
> > one or more slave backends? The docs seem a bit ambiguous about this
> > (admittedly unusual) case.
> >
> > Last time I asked this it was wrapped up in a bloody big post, and I think
> > people couldn't be bothered, hence the "to-the-point" post.
> >
> > TIA
> > --
> > Steve Boddy
> >

> --
>
> Jesse Perkins
> jesse.perkins at gmail.com
> http://jperkins.homeip.net

OK, I'm not doubting you here, you may very well be correct. I don't
know the answer to these questions, as I currently only run one MythTV
box, combo BE/FE.
However, wouldn't a backend without inputs just be a frontend? What
would be the purpose of a slave backend with no inputs? Would it be to
distribute transcoding and commercial flagging jobs?

Garry