[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

trev trev at g7pvs.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 10:39:41 UTC 2005

Hi
I've got an Asus AGP MX440 and am using the composite output, direct into my
tv.
I run Mythtv on the tv and use my computer on my monitor.
I can't see any problems on the tv screen with bars or anything, although at
1024x768 the text is a bit unreadable on the desktop, although I expected
that.
The manual I have does specify "If the correct connector cable is connected,
S-Video out will generally provide a higher quality output than Composite
video out."
I can't test this at the moment because although I have an S-Video connector
at both ends I don't have an S-Video cable and am actually unsure if the
picture could look any better anyway.
I am not sure if this is strictly on topic, but I can't use the mouse on the
TV, it doesn't scroll across to the other screen (a separate desktop) and
although the keyboard works on that screen when mythtv is started if I select
something on the monitor using the mouse the keyboard switches to that and I
don't know how to switch it back.

Any help would be appreciated

Best Regards

Trev